- Have an understanding of SEMI-standard reliability metrics. Understand customer requirements, product specifications and product application and how it relates to part/product/process and lead the qualification in support of release.
- Work cross-functionally to resolve reliability problems that result in excessive field failures.
- Drive Failure Analysis and Corrective Actions towards successful implementation of solutions.
- Interface with design engineering & marketing organizations to generate and/or approve product verification and validation plans, including performance, life/reliability testing.
- Participate in the design reviews representing as a customer advocate on fleet health, failure modes and mechanisms and the design impact on Reliability.
- Develop reliability test plans that represent the expected use environment and operational conditions.
- Select, analyze, and interpret the results of various test methods to be used during product development and end product testing.
- Identify highest-impact opportunities to optimize existing systems reliability performance
- Develop processes, systems and tools to improve effectiveness of the Reliability Engineering function
- Develop reliability allocation across the products
- Develop predictive maintenance and field diagnostic tools
- Perform component & system level modeling/simulation.
- Use the reliability data to define product improvements (both hardware and software).
- Ensure organizational knowledge regarding design for quality and reliability of products is documented, archived, maintained, disseminated, and consistently applied.
- Consult and work with development teams and other project teams regarding the application of Reliability Engineering tools (e.g., statistical analysis, reliability modeling & prediction, FMEA, FTA, DFx techniques, fault tolerance, optimization, DOE, etc) to achieve quality and reliability goals.
- Travel to customer sites, as required. Work with multiple customer and service organizations worldwide.
Mandatory Skills required to perform the job
- Technically astute and detail oriented. High-energy, hands-on, self-confident leader with broad knowledge of product development, manufacturing quality and reliability methods.
- Must have experience in Ion implant, Reliability background, SEMI EIO.
- Strong interpersonal skills, personal presence, style, and demeanor, to effectively influence and lead others to find and implement solutions to complex quality and reliability problems.
- Excellent listening, written and verbal communications skills.
- Strong desire to learn and grow your career with the organization.
- Desk work, meetings and short term onsite
- Must be comfortable working with US-based timings
Education and Experience:
- BS in Engineering field with experience in Reliability.
- MS degree and Semiconductor capital equipment experience a strong plus