PCB Design Engineer
Who are we?
Orbit and Skyline India Pvt. Ltd. is a leading semiconductor service provider with a robust and experienced team of professionals proficient in providing our customers with unique, feature-rich solutions that help them build environmentally friendly semiconductor manufacturing.
At Orbit & Skyline, our synergistic cross functional team of Mechanical, Electrical, Electronics, Software, Equipment, and process engineering is delivering end to end solutions to our customers in semiconductor equipment manufacturing space. We are partnering with our customers across the complete semiconductor value chain spectrum that includes Hardware design and development, Supply chain management, Quality management, Product Management, Reliability, Data Science, ML/AI and many more. We are enabling our customers to develop technologies and systems that alter industries by employing one of the most diverse workforces of cutting-edge engineers and technologists in the semiconductor industry.
Our clientele includes prestigious IC chip manufacturers and OEMs from the United States, Asia, the Middle East, and Europe with our services being rendered to our global customers out of our head office in Mohali, India. We have offices in the United States, the Middle East, Singapore, Taiwan, Ireland, and several other locations.
Who are we looking for?
Orbit & Skyline is looking forward to onboarding a PCB Design Engineer with expertise in Altium designing.
The candidate will be part of a team assisting in the delivery of efficient engineering support and solutions to customers while also contributing to the development of Indian semiconductor ecosystem.
Wondering what your responsibilities would be?
- Design and develop printed circuit boards for electronic devices. This involves selecting the appropriate components, creating schematics, laying out the circuit board, and performing testing and analysis to ensure the circuit is functioning properly.
- Selection of the appropriate components for the circuit board. This involves analyzing the requirements of the circuit and selecting components that will meet those requirements, including optimizing designs for manufacturability. Selection of OEM Components, BOM preparation and resolving supplier DFM issues.
- Work collaboratively with the cross-functional teams to ensure that the circuit board meets the requirements of the overall system. They may need to collaborate with mechanical engineers, firmware engineers, and software engineers, among others.
- Responsible for testing and validating the design. This involves verifying that the circuit board is working as intended, debugging any issues that arise, and performing additional testing as needed. Able to perform circuit simulation and analyzing Signal/Power integrity.
- Responsible for creating and maintaining documentation for the circuit board design, including schematics, layout files, 3D Modeling and manufacturing instructions.
- Must also work closely with manufacturing teams to ensure that the circuit board can be manufactured efficiently and cost-effectively. They may need to provide guidance on manufacturing techniques and processes and may need to make adjustments to the design to ensure that it can be manufactured successfully.
- Undertake any other duties of a reasonable nature as required by management.
What makes you eligible?
You are where our search ends if you hold:
- Must have a Bachelor of Engineering/Technology degree in Electrical / Electronics / Instrumentation
- A Master’s degree will be preferred
- 3 to 5 years of experience in PCB designing and Embedded hardware.
- Must be comfortable working with US-based timings.
Qualitative Factors that make you fit for the team:
- Expertise in designing 6 to 8 layers PCBs using Altium Designer
- Should be familiar with industry standards such as IPC (Association Connecting Electronics Industries) standards for PCB design and manufacturing.
- Good understanding of electrical engineering concepts such as circuits, signals, and electromagnetic interference/compatibility (EMI/EMC) to design efficient and reliable PCBs.
- Must have meticulous attention to detail to ensure that the PCB design meets the specifications and standards required by the client or industry.
- Must be able to communicate effectively with other engineers and stakeholders to understand their requirements and to convey design progress and potential issues.
- Familiar with industry standards such as IPC (Association Connecting Electronics Industries) standards for PCB design and manufacturing.
- Ability to troubleshoot issues with the PCB design and work with other engineers to resolve any issues that arise during the design and testing phase.
- Sound knowledge of Communication/IP protocols, Bus architecture and I/O interface.
- Excellent command over Microsoft tools- Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
- Able to manage their time effectively to meet project deadlines and deliver high-quality PCB designs on time.
Good to have:
- Knowledge of the PCB fabrication processes such as etching, drilling, soldering, and assembly.
- Able to work with limited supervision and an agile environment.
- Well-versed with part life cycle management and change management activities.
- Work on obsolescence activities and electromechanical assemblies.
Why Orbit & Skyline?
Orbit & Skyline is an amalgamation of enthusiastic and experienced people working on a remarkable concept, making headway in this industry.
Today, the Semiconductor Industry is going through a rapid transformation, and we are proud to be playing a major role in development of the semiconductor ecosystem in India thus providing our employees a platform to grow technically and introducing them to a versatile and sprouting work horizon.
We offer a holistic workplace that encourages individuals to attain their full potential. We are a team of thinkers, planners, doers, and risk-takers who work closely together and enjoy the top-notch benefits such as:
- Safeguarding the health of our employees and their loved ones by providing them Health Insurance.
- Encouraging healthy, motivated and a happy workforce by providing monthly Wellness Allowances.
- Supporting effective and efficient communication by providing Communication Allowances.
- Awarding stability & loyalty of the employees by covering them under the Gratuity act.
- Providing technical advancements and interpersonal growth through periodic Trainings.
- Providing Service Award to celebrate employee’s contributions and show our gratitude for their loyalty and commitment.
- Rewarding and Recognizing employee’s efforts and contributions to the company’s growth.
- Encouraging enthusiasm, interaction, and motivation by organising team lunches, team outings, off-site activities, fun Fridays, festival celebrations, and other Engagement events.