Integration/ Device/ Process development Engineer in Compound Semiconductor industry
- Required to have minimum 5 years relevant experience in semiconductor wafer fabrication FAB with sound understanding of III-V device fabrication processes
- Direct experience in GaAs based LASERs, LED, Photodiode integration and process development is added advantage.
- Lead and drive multifunctional teams for process set-up and development in start-up environment
- Clearly set goals and expectations for specific teams/groups/ owners to encourage specific actions in timely manner
- Highlight exceptions and provide alerts when problems occur, communicate progress and success to management as technical brief
- Develop/improve critical trend monitoring (possibly using JMP journal/scripts to add tool/chamber level connect in the future) and use these inline trends to better predict the Device and yield performance
- Working with engineers to develop recommendations and prepare changes, additions, and modifications, which will improve the Device and product yield.
- In addition to the above experience the candidate needs to have general fab experience which includes:
- Intimate knowledge and experience with semiconductor wafer fabrication processes.
- Sound understanding of MOSFET, LASERs, LEDs, Photodiode, Diodes, Capacitors and HEMT devices, process related electrical parameters and test.
- Device and Process characterization and optimization using DOE methodology.
- Ability to work effectively with customers & suppliers
- Good customer interface and communication skills
- Strong fundamental engineering knowledge and the ability to apply it
- Good Device/Integration troubleshooting skills, in coordination with process, test and equipment team.
- Ability to learn quickly, in both process, equipment and Device
- Experience or training in statistical process control (SPC) and related tools, software
- The ability to work independently and in groups to resolve Device, process and integration related problems
- Highly self-motivated, and able to work on numerous issues simultaneously, and change focus quickly if needed
- Willingness and ability to accept responsibility for project completion, project delegation and follow-up.
- Ability to train others, ability to establish standard work-flow and operating instruction is highly preferred
- Reliable candidate with integrity, work ethic and data driven-decision making is preferred
Desired Candidate Profile
- As an Device/Integration Engineer, the candidate will support Fab start-up, process integration and Device design and characterization in 4”/6” fab
- Candidate will understand, analyze, Improve, and suggest fix to Device and process issues that customer reports.
- In addition, you will support the customer with testing, experimentation, and overall process development and improvement.
- Candidate need to collect, document, and analyze data from testing, experiments, or projects conducted in fab, as well as monitor, analyze, and address SPC issues for the process on a daily basis.
- Candidate must be a motivated team player with good work ethic and time-management skills. Along with having ability to learn quickly, you are also expected to train other engineers. It is also essential you have the ability to work with minimal supervision and have strong communication and analytical problem-solving skills.
- Candidate must have the ability to keep fellow engineers motivated to work and complete the tasks in time.
B.Tech, Masters, Ph.D