Electronics Engineer – Embedded Systems
- Design and developing hardware include optimizing designs for manufacturability and cost-efficiency.
- Will need to work with cross-functional teams comprising Electrical, Software, Embedded Systems and Process engineering.
- Design and develop algorithms for firmware and embedded software programs.
- Sound knowledge of Communication protocols and I/O interface.
- Proficiency in EDA tools, circuit simulation and Embedded programming.
- Expertise in software and hardware integration.
- Familiarization with Debugging, JTAG, Test systems to eliminate potential issues and provide system-level support.
- Adequate knowledge to read schematics and datasheets of components.
- Component-level understanding like FPGAs, MCUs, ARM processors, EEPROMs, etc.
- Familiarization with software configuration management tools and defect tracking tools.
- Sound knowledge of Communication and IP protocols, Bus architecture, UART, GPIO and I/O Interface.
- Familiarization with electronic test and measurement equipment, DMM, DSO, MDO, Frequency analyzer, etc.
Mandatory Skills required to perform the job:
- Experience in designing, developing, coding, testing and debugging system software.
- Must have knowledge of system architecture and I/O interface.
- Support software QA and optimize I/O performance.
- Proven experience in embedded systems design with preemptive, multitasking real-time operating systems.
- Excellent knowledge of OS coding techniques, IP protocols, interfaces and hardware subsystems
- Excellent communication skills (written & verbal).
- Good command on Microsoft tools – Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
- Critical/ system-level thinking.
- Must have strong problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Able to work with limited supervision and an agile environment.
Good to have skills:
- Solid programming experience in C or C++
- Work experience in embedded programming and system engineering
- Desk work, meetings and short term onsite
- Must be comfortable working with US-based timings
Education and Experience:
- Must have a bachelor’s degree in Computer science / Electronics / Instrumentation with a minimum experience of 3-4 years
- A Master’s degree will be preferred