Analog IC layout design engineer (BACK-END)
Who are we?
Orbit and Skyline India Pvt. Ltd. is a leading semiconductor service provider with a robust and experienced team of Semiconductor professionals proficient in providing Process and Equipment services to Semiconductor FABs thus accelerating the ROI, operational efficiency, and providing a competitive edge. We are enabling our customers to develop technologies and systems that alter industries by employing one of the most diverse workforces of cutting-edge engineers and technologists in the semiconductor industry.
At Orbit & Skyline, we provide turnkey solutions for semiconductor FABs, which include FAB acquisitions, new FAB site selection and design, Technology sourcing and transfer, FAB cleanroom and facility build, tools selection and sourcing, tool installation and acceptance, process set up, process integration and qualification along with yield enhancement and FAB sustaining. Our clientele includes prestigious IC chip manufacturers and OEMs from the United States, Asia, the Middle East, and Europe with our services being rendered to our global customers out of our head office in Mohali, India. We have offices in the United States, the Middle East, Singapore, Taiwan, Ireland, and several other locations.
Who are we looking for?
Orbit & Skyline is looking forward to onboarding an Analog IC design Engineer responsible for physical design of analog circuits in Integrated circuit (IC) technology. Primarily role is to translate the circuit design provided by front-end analog circuit designer into physical layout to meet specifications and manufacturing criteria.
Wondering what your responsibilities would be?
- Hands-on experience in custom analog layout with working knowledge on CMOS technologies (65nm to 350nm).
- Collaborate with analog design engineer and other team members to understand design specifications and requirements.
- Create and optimize layout of analog circuits using industry standard layout tools, such as Cadence Virtuoso or similar software.
- Conduct design rule checks (DRC), layout versus schematic (LVS) checks to ensure the layout meets design specifications and is manufacturable.
- Collaborate with design team on block and top-level floor planning to optimize layout for performance, area, power consumption and manufacturability.
- Work closely with design, package, and testing teams to ensure layout is compatible with rest of the system.
- Develop and maintain documentation related to layout design, such as layout guidelines and design rules.
- Participate in evaluation of new layout tools and methodologies to improve layout process.
What makes you eligible?
- Proficiency in industry standard layout design tools, such as Cadence Virtuoso and understanding of layout methodologies and techniques.
- Knowledge of analog circuit design principles, including understanding of various circuit topologies and performance trade-offs.
- Understanding of semiconductor manufacturing process, including knowledge of fabrication techniques and their impact on layout design.
- Familiarity with physical verification tools, such as DRC and LVS, and understanding of their role in the layout process.
- Proficiency in using scripting languages, such as TcL or Python, to automate layout tasks and improve productivity.
- Understanding of layout optimization techniques, such as parasitic extraction and post-layout simulations.
- Familiarity with layout related issues, such as electromigration, parasitic, and noise, and ability to mitigate these issues through layout optimization.
- Familiarity with Design for Manufacturability (DFM) techniques and understanding of how to incorporate them into layout to improve yield and reliability.
Education & Experience:
- 5+ years of experience in analog circuit design.
- Bachelor/Master’s degree in Microelectronics/VLSI design/Electronics/Electrical engineering.
Why Orbit & Skyline?
- Orbit & Skyline is an amalgamation of enthusiastic and experienced people working on a remarkable concept, making headway in this industry. Today, the Semiconductor Industry is going through a rapid transformation, and we are proud to be playing a major role in development of the semiconductor ecosystem in India thus providing our employees a platform to grow technically and introducing them to a versatile and sprouting work horizon.
- We offer a holistic workplace that encourages individuals to attain their full potential. We are a team of thinkers, planners, doers, and risk-takers who work closely together and enjoy the top-notch benefits such as:
- Safeguarding the health of our employees and their loved ones by providing them Health Insurance.
- Encouraging healthy, motivated and a happy workforce by providing monthly Wellness Allowances.
- Supporting effective and efficient communication by providing Communication Allowances.
- Awarding stability & loyalty of the employees by covering them under the Gratuity act.
- Providing technical advancements and interpersonal growth through periodic Trainings.
- Providing Service Award to celebrate employee’s contributions and show our gratitude for their loyalty
- and commitment.
- Rewarding and Recognizing employee’s efforts and contributions to the company’s growth.
- Encouraging enthusiasm, interaction, and motivation by organizing team lunches, team outings, offsite activities, fun Fridays, festival celebrations, and other Engagement events.